Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick fire Tesla M3 jacking & MOT Mechanics guide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there is a Tesla MOT guide, but it's overly detailed for a quick pick up by a mechanic in a shop. If you want to use this, be my guest.

I have simplified the guide and added key details and illustrations that will make certain aspects easy for the garage to navigate though.

Print a copy, leave it in your car 'just incase'.

Thanks,
D.

Attachments

• Quick fire Tesla M3 jacking & MOT Mechanics guide.pdf
    196 KB · Views: 305
Good stuff. One comment - the last line of page 2 drops onto page three and consequently there's a page 4 with only one line. Looks like you could tweak it to three pages which would be more tidy, or maybe that was always the intention and something shifted in the pdf process?

Thanks for posting. Can you tell us where you found it? Would like to get it for a Model S. (mostly the same but if they have it for an S). As an aside, I bought some inserts/pucks to put in the jack points and give them to my mechanic when I have them lift the car (and when I use my own jack). On our Model S's if you jack up the front high enough you can slip a jack stand under the rear and get the whole side of the car stable. There are some fancy jackstands that let you jack the car up and then drop it onto the stand but they are expensive and seem always back ordered.

No worries, I just made it from a) simplifying the Tesla own guide which no mechanic would read in detail. B) adding clear pictures C) Adding important specifics such as wheel torque settings.

Regarding pads: I use em' for sure. I got mine from eBay, always seem to be in stock in the UK atleast. Jack pads link
I've always got my pads in the boot, it's not on the guide as most people know to give them to a mechanic/tyre shop and their use is pretty self explanatory. Maybe it should be in the guide though...

I know there is a Tesla MOT guide, but it's overly detailed for a quick pick up by a mechanic in a shop. If you want to use this, be my guest.

I have simplified the guide and added key details and illustrations that will make certain aspects easy for the garage to navigate though.

Print a copy, leave it in your car 'just incase'.

Thanks,
D.
Thanks so much for this (and @guru1 for the 3 page edit). Used this today at National Tyres in Liverpool, guy was happy with it and everything went smoothly!