Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick question....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confused for a moment. The LFP was in the RWD variant, that’s off menu, I think. Right now the order page shows only three variants- AWD, LR AWD, and Performance AWD. So, in the US, all on menu MY’s are AWD and nickel based 21700s. Is that correct?

Confused for a moment. The LFP was in the RWD variant, that’s off menu, I think. Right now the order page shows only three variants- AWD, LR AWD, and Performance AWD. So, in the US, all on menu MY’s are AWD and nickel based 21700s. Is that correct?
LR and P are 2170s and AWD with 279 miles is Austin built 4680 MY AWD. It's not LFP chemistry. They're all NCA. IMO range is king so I'd spend the extra for a MYLR. At highway speeds I'm getting closer to 330 Wh/mi so that's around 220-230 miles on my 2023 MYLR and that's in FL so no cold weather

Reactions: jebinc
LR and P are 2170s and AWD with 279 miles is Austin built 4680 MY AWD. It's not LFP chemistry. They're all NCA. IMO range is king so I'd spend the extra for a MYLR. At highway speeds I'm getting closer to 330 Wh/mi so that's around 220-230 miles on my 2023 MYLR and that's in FL so no cold weather
Does the LR have the dual castings, or just the rear? Is Austin paint better than the water based Fremont paint? Fremont vs Austin build quality these days?

If I could get an Austin dual casting LR in Seattle, I might consider a LR

Confused for a moment. The LFP was in the RWD variant, that’s off menu, I think.
The SR RWD variant that was available in US for a few weeks in 2021was NOT equipped with LFP either. Currently, LFP MY SR RWD are available in other markets, but not in the US. Keep in mind that LFP is heavier for the same energy output, probably the reason for Tesla to put it in SR RWD version only so far.

• Informative
The LFP battery reduces the EV credit by 50% to $3,750. Tesla Canada just opened orders for a Model Y RWD LFP battery car at about $6,000 less than the LR version. If available in the US at a similar price the EV tax credit differential would only save about $2,250 versus the AWD model. The Canadian car is significantly slower than current models, with a projected range of 244 miles or so. As a LFP battery you can charge to 100% without issue, an advantage. To me having AWD and similar range (after charging the current battery to 90%) to the LFP battery is worth spending the extra money. Additionally, the SR AWD has the new 3680 batteries, and is built in Austin using the newest SuperPress. That should help overall quality, and I consider it an advantage. I ordered the SR AWD and expect delivery before month end.