Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick thanks to the forum for helping me sort out a windscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Billbrown1982

TM3 LR 2021 | Red | FSD
Dec 21, 2020
Basildon
Long story short, got a chip last week. 3rd in like 2 months. Roads right now are so bad. Booked a chip repair but over the weekend it spread into a crack and needs replacing.

Autoglass quoted me 22nd of April as the first available date, not because of a lack of screens, but because of a backlog of Tesla's that need doing and a lack of trained technicians apparently.

Thanks to posts i'd seen on her, I booked in with Tesla to find out the first available date. Which was next week and then rang Churchill to explain the situation and get authorisation.

Same as others, got to pay the £795.47 up front and claim it back minus the excess. But very happy that I will be getting it done quicker.

So cheers guys! If it wasn't for a few posts on here I would never have even thought going direct was an option (without paying the majority of it myself)

I wonder what Churchill, by comparison, actually have to pay to Autoglass for a windscreen repair

Ya know I was thinking just that. Seeing as how Autoglass told me all the windscreens have to come from Tesla anyway and it seems unbelieveable that insurers would be willing to pay out that kind of money every time someone has a windscreen replaced without screwing us by logging it as a claim or affecting our NCB.

That said, just checked my actual invoice.

Windscreen itself. £165 + Vat
Sealant £14 + Vat
Primer £1 + Vat
Foam HVAC Sensor £1 + Vat
ZNC Patch £2 + Vat

and then of course the dreaded labour. £391.67 + VAT

Autoglass reckoned it takes at least 4 hours to do.....so what absoloute minimum £50 an hour labour? Thats £200

So not a HUGE difference from Tesla prices I suppose. Ofc I could be way off here.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Ya know I was thinking just that. Seeing as how Autoglass told me all the windscreens have to come from Tesla anyway and it seems unbelieveable that insurers would be willing to pay out that kind of money every time someone has a windscreen replaced without screwing us by logging it as a claim or affecting our NCB.

That said, just checked my actual invoice.

Windscreen itself. £165 + Vat
Sealant £14 + Vat
Primer £1 + Vat
Foam HVAC Sensor £1 + Vat
ZNC Patch £2 + Vat

and then of course the dreaded labour. £391.67 + VAT

Autoglass reckoned it takes at least 4 hours to do.....so what absoloute minimum £50 an hour labour? Thats £200

So not a HUGE difference from Tesla prices I suppose. Ofc I could be way off here.
About 2/3 of the price they pay in Canada: