Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quiet tires - anybody measure the decibles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been reading reviews for quiet tires as my 2021 model Y is noisy, even with all the after market rubber gaskets I added. Yes, I also tested the rear gate lift contacts. I see people saying this tire or that tire is the quietest.
I narrowed it down to:
Hankook IOM Evo
Contential extreme contact
Bridgeston Turanza

Has anybody tried all these tires or most of them so they can recommend the quietest. Or maybe some has a link to someone that actually tested the decibels.

Please let me know.

New tires will be quieter than worn ones .... the acoustic foam tires should damp out some resonant frequencies but the tread pattern will contribute the most to the noise. The OEM conti rx is pretty good - I measure about 55db on worn ones at 70mph on grooved concrete freeway - which is about 5db more than my rangerover - I now put on Goodyear assurance comfort treads - ride better than the old contis and feel a bit quieter - but I didn't have a chance to measure db yet on the same stretch of freeway. Of the tires you list above - the Hankooks get good reviews for efficiency - probably the best on that list - a performance tire like the conti extreme contact will hug the road better but will be less efficient and noisier. The Bridgestone EV tire does not review well.

Reactions: Blueskies123
I have been reading reviews for quiet tires as my 2021 model Y is noisy, even with all the after market rubber gaskets I added. Yes, I also tested the rear gate lift contacts. I see people saying this tire or that tire is the quietest.
I narrowed it down to:
Hankook IOM Evo
Contential extreme contact
Bridgeston Turanza

Has anybody tried all these tires or most of them so they can recommend the quietest. Or maybe some has a link to someone that actually tested the decibels.

Please let me know.
I have 19” wheels and hankook ion evo tires on my performance model y. Came from oem model y performance 21” ultra low profile tires so anything is quieter than that. I like the hankooks. Done a few road trips with them.

Reactions: Blueskies123