TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Radiation inside cabin

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by Lovets, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Lovets

Lovets New Member

Not sure if this topic has been brought up. Just wonder if there is any electric or magnetic radiation issue inside the cabin given model s' massive battery array and electric motor between the rear wheels. Any insights or comments will be appreciated! May be I am overlooking this issue but curious to know if there is any known complain or issues!

2. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

3. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

Unfortunately both links have a great deal of fluff and little of substance. Certainly nothing terribly scientific; no input from a professional EMI organisation, for example. However, I am sure that in the ludicrously litigious US this issue will have been covered adequately by Tesla engineers, so I wouldn't worry.

4. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

The frequencies of the electromagnetic fields inside the motor and the battery are very low. At those frequencies power generated by electromagnetic fields is very low. So this is not an issue at all.

5. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

I would like to add that at those frequencies the electromagnetic fields generated by the motor and the battery don't even manage to propagate and so such electromagnetic fields stay close to the motor and the battery without even entering in the cabin.

6. Lovets

Lovets New Member

Thanks a lot for all the feebacks. Having perused the links and threads on this onsite, it seems to me that EMF is not an issue! Really glad to hear this!