Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rain is wet!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First to say I am a new member from UK and I love my Model S 85D. Has anyone experience of getting soaked when opening the door and the rain from the roof edge deposits on the inner door and my arm!! (you have to laugh the first time it happens from the shock) I am sure I can find a solution but thought I would ask as I don't want to reinvent the wheel so to speak.

I've had a few drops. But nothing too extreme. Do you have a pano? I do and expect that the channel might well keep the water from streaming off the side of the roof.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have the Pano. and I assumed the deep groove would channel the water away. I also notice that the door seal has a slot in the top and this I have not met before in all the Jags. Mercs. and the like I have had. I will do further research when it next rains, and be outside when the door is opened to see where the water came from as it was more than a few drops. perhaps the seal slot was not vented when fitted and it stored enough then let go. Never seen a vented seal at the top of a door in 50yrs of driving so perhaps Tesla put it there to stop the problem I have. Will not stop me enjoying the car, will just be prepared rag in hand until I solve the problem.

First to say I am a new member from UK and I love my Model S 85D. Has anyone experience of getting soaked when opening the door and the rain from the roof edge deposits on the inner door and my arm!! (you have to laugh the first time it happens from the shock) I am sure I can find a solution but thought I would ask as I don't want to reinvent the wheel so to speak.

I keep some microfibre cloths in the car to wipe the screen with--they also work to dry the arm rest.