Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rain - reverse camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it is not even on the market and no one knows how it will work, so don't be so excited yet. You can get the same or better result by applying several coat of ceramic coat (not the spray on type).
They have actually shipped a few batches and I was one of the first to get one. But you need to make sure humidity is low when you install it and don't power wash directly to it to keep moisture out of it.

Took the first picture to show how grime doesn't stick to it, and the second picture 4 days later when the grime was thicker and you couldn't even read my license plate. The rear camera view was still clear.

PXL_20230110_145150706.jpg
PXL_20230114_181055173.jpg

Will see how it does long term, and is moisture gets in and becomes a problem.

At this year's CES there was a small Taiwanese company that had a camera lens for cars that uses high frequency vibration of the outside surface to vaporize any water, salt, grime, etc., to keep it clean. Not sure of the details but the water blew off the lens in a puff of steam. No air to blow, no fluid container to keep filled, pretty slick solution.

Reactions: akidesir
At this year's CES there was a small Taiwanese company that had a camera lens for cars that uses high frequency vibration of the outside surface to vaporize any water, salt, grime, etc., to keep it clean. Not sure of the details but the water blew off the lens in a puff of steam. No air to blow, no fluid container to keep filled, pretty slick solution.
Sounds interesting. Got a link to this so I can read up on it?

Reactions: buckets0fun
@laservet - Thanks for the video. Cool to see that people are working on ways to keep these cameras clean. Similar to how headlights had sprayers and even mini wipers, there will be a whole bunch of different solutions that will help with safety and autonomous driving.