Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rain water deluge @ driver door when entering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Padelford

Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2017
Seattle
Now that we’re getting lots of rain, I’ve noticed that after I open the driver door and get into my MX, a small deluge of water falls down from above the door frame. It doesn’t happen when I open the door, only after I sit in the driver seat.

The water falls on the door sill, not into the vehicle floor.

Is this normal?

Now that we’re getting lots of rain, I’ve noticed that after I open the driver door and get into my MX, a small deluge of water falls down from above the door frame. It doesn’t happen when I open the door, only after I sit in the driver seat.

The water falls on the door sill, not into the vehicle floor.

Is this normal?
I get a few drops on the sill in the rain, but my real problem comes if I forget to turn off the wipers when I stop the car. When I come back later and open the driver's door, the wipers resume and send a windshield worth of water flying at me and the open door. There's enough delay in the 1st wiper pass that I've usually made it halfway into the driver's seat. I wonder if that's what you're experiencing.

This is actually part of a broader issue that irritates me with the Tesla. Everything wakes up when the door is opened. Wipers, bluetooth audio or phone calls, etc. I'd rather those items activate when I start the car by applying the brake, not when I open the door.