Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so I ordered my red / white M3 performance on May 24th. First delivery date scheduled was June 10. Actual delivery date was June 12. Car is fantastic to drive, getting quotes now on paint protection film. Love the white, but the dash is bright. May have to do something about that.

I’m officially out of the waiting room. I took delivery of my LR M3 today and I was almost entirely happy about it.

After a thorough inspection, the car is fine except for a bulging seal on the driver’s B pillar. Tesla wouldn’t fix it, claiming it was in spec. They said if it leaked they would replace it, otherwise it was fine.

Except for this, the car and the delivery process was great.

I verified my 386### VIN was built on 6.4.19. It has both Homelink and the 3.0 AP hardware, so I’m happy about that. There were 4 miles on the odometer.

I hope you get out of the waiting room soon, and I’ll see you on the road.

Scratch is just a mark from my thumbnail.
F7DDF824-85B1-40E8-9CCB-81D52773C096.jpeg

Reactions: SoManyM3s
Raleigh report:
Wilmington Street seems to just be for body shop, only a few cars.
Sales center back area had only one 3.
Service as busy as ever.
The other area had lots of cars outside. Overnight inventory SR cars jumped from like 6 to 19. Tough to tell, but see pic for an idea of how many were around..

IMG_1036[1].JPG

Finally ! ordered on the 1st and the car was delivered yesterday. Delivery was smooth till I found that the tail light on the trunk was rubbing against its counterpart on the body of the car. When we opened the trunk, you could clearly see that the tail light on the body was not seated flush with the body. But the service 'supervisor' insisted that it was within spec. I was about to lose my temper and decided it was not worth it. Setup a service appointment. Have to see what happens. Other than that, the car is awesome. Had no issues with insurance or any other aspect. In fact we were pleasantly surprised as the car had the premium wheels while we ordered the aero wheels. They checked it and 'adjusted' the price, free wheels :) Coming from a bmw x5 to this car, the seats are not suiting me at all ( getting severe sciatic pain no matter how I adjust the settings). My wife dropped a cushion on the seat and heaven :) Sound system is awesome.

Reactions: DireOtter