Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ramp gate???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took an engineering team to Tell the fool (an engineer named Elon) that a ramp would have to weigh a couple of hundred pounds and totally ruin the "center of rotation"? Imagine what having a big mass that far away from the vehicle's center would do to performance. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand just how bad that idea was.
Where was The Fool when the engineering team failed to make even the least effort to have a passthrough between the bed and the cabin so the bed could be more than a wasted space 99.9999% of the time?

There are companies that make small ladders you can attach to the Tailgate. Or you can get folding ramps for less than 300 dollars. Tesla is selling one ramp for 400 dollars for the Cybertruck which I think is insane.
1701988116689.png

1701988155791.png

1701988244314.png

Reactions: DarkandStormy
Luke, as you can clearly do better you should jump right on that and show us your amazingly engineering skills.
I don't fix stupid. I don't even start.
The ramp was a dumb idea.
However "kneelling" the back end will be a positive for those loading ATV's not only because the reduced heigh has an exponential component to making it easier just because it is lower. But also the bed will have an incline so the guy loading the ATV won't have a dramatic shift in the need for force from incline to level.
BTW I think they made sure that there would be no pass through between cabin and bed because their precious "octo-valve AC couldn't provide enough HVAC to the bed area to keep it comfortable because of the air seepage. So instead of fixing it, they ignored it in hopes the consumers would.

I don't fix stupid. I don't even start.
The ramp was a dumb idea.
However "kneelling" the back end will be a positive for those loading ATV's not only because the reduced heigh has an exponential component to making it easier just because it is lower. But also the bed will have an incline so the guy loading the ATV won't have a dramatic shift in the need for force from incline to level.
BTW I think they made sure that there would be no pass through between cabin and bed because their precious "octo-valve AC couldn't provide enough HVAC to the bed area to keep it comfortable because of the air seepage. So instead of fixing it, they ignored it in hopes the consumers would.
So many trucks on the market with air conditioning in the bed what were they thinking?! lol. You can’t fix stupid but you certainly found inventive ways to complain about it. Do hope they are paying you well for your “creative“ FUD journalism.