Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ran an 11.7 at the drag strip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AMPd

Nov 27, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
P90D no ludicrous

Did 2 runs vs a mustang, beat him the first time, he beat me the second time

Ran a time of 11.7 both times

D5x9ytV.jpg

Reactions: fiksegts
They shouldn't. They still have the store item that you can order to upgrade a P90D to a P90DL for $10k. So after delivery you could pay $10k to make it a L, and then spend $20k more to make it a P100DL... :)

Interesting, I was under the impression that they wouldn't software upgrade the NEW P90D. Maybe it's just that you can't order the L option in the new build. Thanks for sharing!

Was that Sac Race Park?

That's a good ET. Not a particularly fast track, especially in hot air.

The mustang was obviously wearing slicks an was not stock. The sixty says slicks, the MPH says modified.

EDIT - You tree'd him hard. Funny stuff.

Reactions: AMPd
Note to road warriors:

You are not going to beat cars specifically set up for drag racing. You won't even beat pickups. Mod'd Stangs or Camaros? No.

At the DHRA Diesel Nationals in Texas, we ran 10.65@130mph in a street legal 6420lb 4x4 pickup that was driven to the track.

That is not considered fast.

A Tesla P90 is crazy quick for a street car, perhaps the quickest. A modified car used for drag racing will walk away from it though.

Reactions: William3 and AMPd
Note to road warriors:

You are not going to beat cars specifically set up for drag racing. You won't even beat pickups. Mod'd Stangs or Camaros? No.

At the DHRA Diesel Nationals in Texas, we ran 10.65@130mph in a street legal 6420lb 4x4 pickup that was driven to the track.

That is not considered fast.

A Tesla P90 is crazy quick for a street car, perhaps the quickest. A modified car used for drag racing will walk away from it though.
Pretty sure P100DL will be 10.6x second.

Pretty sure P100DL will be 10.6x second.

10.6 for a 'drag car' is no longer considered quick. IIRC, that video is ~10 years old and the fastest trucks that event were running 9.xx seconds. The class I ran in was the 10.50 Index Pro Street class. However, I did my license for Super Gas at 9.20's in a NA Camaro running a crate engine and gasoline.

In any case, you missed the point. Folk were posting "You Should Beat A Mustang" are not familiar with dragracing. Mustangs run anywhere between 17 seconds and 4 seconds in the quarter. "You Should Beat A Stock Mustang" is more realistic goal. Once you're modified, all bets are off.

The Tesla is not even the quickest street legal electric car when you are talking about modified cars.

The Flux Capacitor is now the world’s fastest street-legal electric car

Cliff Notes: Stock Production Cars are slow compared to modified Drag Cars. This will never change.