Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Car Alarm Triggers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The mobile service guy just left here. I had two issues, I reported (and a third one I just asked him about and he fixed)....
Hopefully replacing the central sensor will finally fix it. I want the alarm, but if it just goes off randomly throughout the day, it sort of makes it pointless (and obnoxious).

Will be interested to hear what they find. I gave up on it for now and had mobile service turn off the Enhanced portion in the MCU. So the hardware is still installed, but no more motion sensor or options under Security. If there's a fix for this down the road, or a way to adjust sensitivity, I'll give it another go.

They did not find anything on mine. The tech checked for crimped wires behind the dome light/senor and did not find anything. It has not gone off again since though. I am content to let it be and see if it happens again. It has been about a week. If it does happen again, it will require a SC visit and possibly replacement of the sensor.

I am not doubting you.

So far it has not gone off again for me. I will take a wait and see approach. If it still goes off, I will bring it in for service. If they cannot fix it, I will ask for it to be removed. There is no point having something that is that prone to false alarms.

I had my alarm go off the other day at the exact moment the car finished charging. It has only happened that one time so not sure what happened. It was alone in the garage, at first I thought someone was in there but it was empty when I checked.

OK Mine went off 3 times today. It is also very hot out. I am wondering if this has something to do with heat. it does not go off at home, just out in my office parking lot, when it is noon or later. I think I need to disable it in the meantime.

I think you’re right about it being heat related, at least in my case. My Model 3 alarm always triggers in the afternoon when it’s above 85 degrees and never in the morning when it’s cool or in the afternoon when it’s below 80. I am calling for a service appointment because it’s now happening every single day when I go to lunch. I look at the Sentry video and nothing is near the car at the red dot trigger point.

This afternoon we experienced a few car alarm triggers on our Model 3 (UK model). It was sitting on our driveway with nothing nearby but the Sun came out and the car had warmed up. I was in my workshop 30m away. After the third event I sat in the car and found this post. Whilst I was reading it a big fly landed on my arm.
I walked away, vented the car and the alarm did not trigger again.
Interestingly this occurred a couple of weeks ago, again on a hot day. Same fly I wonder?

• Informative
Reactions: mkhalasi85
I had my alarm go off the other day at the exact moment the car finished charging. It has only happened that one time so not sure what happened. It was alone in the garage, at first I thought someone was in there but it was empty when I checked.
Ever since I have my enhanced antitheft device installed on my model S two months ago, the alarm went off 4 times with my windows slightly opened. So my work around is to turn off the tilt sensor and leave the windows slightly open on a hot day and all windows fully close at night with tilt sensor activated. No false alarm so far...