Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this may seem that I'm late to the party, but this is actually the *first* Model X I've spotted "in the wild" in New York City (i.e., not at the "Meet Model X" events in Manhattan and Syosset).

It was a lovely Titanium Metallic P90D with 22" Onyx Wheels parked across the street from Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. It was just sitting there minding its own business all day with narry an interested party to snap a pic. I think it was lonely. I hope I cheered it up a bit by giving it some attention. :)

Also, in this setting, it became clear to me that the Model X would make an excellent NYC Yellow Cab. Seating for 6 or 7 people plus plenty of luggage space and zero tailpipe emissions. How cool would that be?

(BTW, K-MTG, there was no visible sunshade, sorry)

View attachment 174064 View attachment 174065
holy smokes, I cannot wait for my TitanoX anymore, looks awesome! I was looking for a Titanium + Onyx pic, thanks!!

Reactions: MrBoylan
Not really random
AnC8OIM.jpg

At the Rocklin CA service center

I wonder what happened when Tesla sees how much in love you are with sunshade, they might give you 11000 of those sunshades instead of your 90D just to make you happy. :)

I doubt they know that I am K-MTG unless they are pro's at social engineering. That is the thing about this forum, we know so much about each other but we don't even know each others name. But you guys already know my name...Captain Sunshade

Oh they know who you are. Other members have reported getting phone calls from Tesla after posting stuff here.

I would assume they listed their full VIN or posted on Tesla's own forum. It is unlikely, they will trace the post back to the original owner if it is not straightforward.

However, it is by all means possible. For instance if I wanted to find out who you are and I worked at Tesla, I would just look at the VIN 6505 in your signature and match it with your location (Bellevue, WA) and give you a call.

I would assume they listed their full VIN or posted on Tesla's own forum. It is unlikely, they will trace the post back to the original owner if it is not straightforward.

However, it is by all means possible. For instance if I wanted to find out who you are and I worked at Tesla, I would just look at the VIN 6505 in your signature and match it with your location (Bellevue, WA) and give you a call.
Nope. The posts did not include a VIN and they were here at the TMC forums.

Yeah, I'm easy to find though. Not really hiding anything. Maybe I should try a bit harder. ;)