Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats Doug. They even got a picture of your car showing now (a few more posts have happened since I last checked your link to the redliners.ca site). First time I have seen the "Green" Ontario license plates on a car.

I spent 10 years in Ottawa so I can imagine you on the roads that the car-spotters said they saw you on. Lookin' very sharp!

Congrats Doug. They even got a picture of your car showing now (a few more posts have happened since I last checked your link to the redliners.ca site). First time I have seen the "Green" Ontario license plates on a car.

I spent 10 years in Ottawa so I can imagine you on the roads that the car-spotters said they saw you on. Lookin' very sharp!

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I was taking someone for a spin when I was spotted, so like the guy said, I really did rip it out of the corner.

I'm not surprised this is the first time you've seen an Ontario "Green Vehicle" plate, because mine was the very first one ever issued (look at the number!).

I'm not surprised this is the first time you've seen an Ontario "Green Vehicle" plate, because mine was the very first one ever issued (look at the number!).

When I found out that the Tesla Roadster was the only vehicle eligible in Ontario for the new Green plates (and $8500 in incentives), I checked and found out that custom plates were not available. The Toronto store had, so far, taken out numbers "001" to "003". So I asked Tesla Toronto if they could skip a few numbers and get me another "Double O" number that might be ideal to go along with a sexy sports car.

What I thought would be an easy task instead was actually a bit of work for Sarah at Tesla Toronto. It turned out that their local vehicle registry plate office did not have my "Double O" number and the Government did not keep records of which office got what allotment of plates. After she made several phone calls to other offices, I have heard that she was successful but I won't get my hopes up until I see the plates on the car. Then I will enjoy a martini "shaken, not stirred".

Of course, my first sighting of a Tesla Roadster in the wild would happen while I was visiting California.

We were driving south this afternoon on "the 405" coming into Los Angeles when ahead of us was a Radiant Red Roadster. I got the license plate but it might not be appropriate to post that info in this forum. My companions in the car were very excited because I had been telling them about my upcoming delivery of the car and then there it was.

It was a beautiful sight to see.

I was out for my Sunday morning ride yesterday, and sometimes have the bonus of seeing wild animals.

Yesterday, I'm guessing for being such a nice Northern California September morning, I also got to count three Roadsters in that bunch - a black one on Foothill, a radiant red one on Moody, and an electric blue one on Skyline. Too bad I didn't have time to do the same thing...

I live in Washington. There are about 45 Roadsters in the state. Aside from mine, there is only one other yellow one in the state--it's in the same town, of course. Darn copycat. (Actually he bought his first).

A couple of weeks ago I was driving downtown and hey--a yellow Tesla! It must be Dave. But wait...that's not his car! WTF?

I sent mail to a few people asking if they knew about a new yellow Tesla in the area. Two of them responded and said that somebody from out-of-state was visiting with a yellow Tesla. Not the same person! One was from Idaho, one was from British Columbia. So briefly our yellow Tesla population doubled...

My California trip is coming to an end so we spent the day in Yountville (Napa wine country). The hotel we stayed at and a winery we visited were LEED certified which requires the facility to have a charging capability for EVs. We were walking on the main street at lunch when an orange Roadster went quietly driving by.

So I actually got to see two Roadsters in the wild during my visit to the Tesla state.

from eRaca:
63296_469823385798_223528420798_6608424_2523586_n.jpg