Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Randomized Referral!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I've received one credit so far (and I believe one more pending confirmation), and the MyTesla page updates with the counter. I don't know what happens after 3 referrals, if it will indicate that there are no more available.

What happens to a buyer who uses someone's referral link who is maxed out? I suspect they still get the $1200 credit, but the referrer gets maxed out at 3. It would suck of the buyer gets a message "referrer link bad, please try another".

Yep, we need a way for people to remove their links once they max out.

Wow, 94 people submitted their referral links to the randomizer.

And I appreaciate @McHoffa, check out the new design: http://teslareferral.tk

I changed the referral submit forum so the referral link saves as a plain .txt file on the server. It is not as fancy as the old one but it works (at least I think it does) :)

Please let me know if you find any issues, I will look into the counter but I don't think I have the PHP skills to implement that.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MisterT2
At a 147 now! :smile:
Please let me know if you find a link that is no longer functional. I found a couple that no longer show the referral so I removed them but I can't check all 147 or else Tesla might ban my IP :) and assume I am conducing a DDOS attack.

Also please only submit your referral link once, I found a few duplicate submissions (I removed the duplicates and left one)

At a 147 now! :smile:
Please let me know if you find a link that is no longer functional. I found a couple that no longer show the referral so I removed them but I can't check all 147 or else Tesla might ban my IP :) and assume I am conducing a DDOS attack.

Also please only submit your referral link once, I found a few duplicate submissions (I removed the duplicates and left one)

Wouldn't be DDOS. The first D is distributed - not from the same IP.

Two comments on the Random Referral page.

First, why not just have a clickable link for the random referral link? A clickable link would go right to the Tesla Design Studio. The way it is now, a user has to copy/paste the URL into a new browser window. Seems like an additional, unnecessary step.

Second, can you create an API like page that only returns a random Referral link? I'd like to include a random referral link on my EV-CPO site that has generated a number of referrals for me, but I've already reached the three referral limit. This way, I can query the randomizer for a link on each page load, and just display that on my page directly, without requiring a user to jump to the Random referral page as an intermediate step, then copy the displayed link, then open a new page, and paste the link. Lots of extra steps.

First, why not just have a clickable link for the random referral link? A clickable link would go right to the Tesla Design Studio. The way it is now, a user has to copy/paste the URL into a new browser window. Seems like an additional, unnecessary step.
I did this initially but later changed it to copy/paste as I am sure Tesla has analytics on their design studio and I did not want them to see a surge of referrals coming from my domain.

Second, can you create an API like page that only returns a random Referral link? I'd like to include a random referral link on my EV-CPO site that has generated a number of referrals for me, but I've already reached the three referral limit. This way, I can query the randomizer for a link on each page load, and just display that on my page directly, without requiring a user to jump to the Random referral page as an intermediate step, then copy the displayed link, then open a new page, and paste the link. Lots of extra steps.
Sure, I sent you a PM of the API.

I did this initially but later changed it to copy/paste as I am sure Tesla has analytics on their design studio and I did not want them to see a surge of referrals coming from my domain.

I really wouldn't worry about that. They're not going to deny you the referral credit, nor the buyer just because they are linked from your site.

They're probably not even going to be checking their referrer logs anyway. (And all the smart kids disable sending the referer anyway).

Sure, I sent you a PM of the API.

Thanks. EV-CPO now randomly selects someone from your list and displays their referrer code as a link. Each page load displays a different random link.