Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Randomized Referral!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, Tesla has no credibility with this program. I half expect that the person updating things went on vacation.

Car sales are in a dead zone generally at the beginning of the year with things opening up after the Super Bowl.

I'm at zero, but shouldn't be. Somebody a couple weeks told me they used my code for a purchase but it's never showed up.

@HankLloydRight, how many referrals are showing up for you this quarter?

On par with most everyone else's experience. Last week I emailed the referral program email about it, and they replied that they see referrals from phases 1-3 (huh?), and "I am not sure if those ones have been synced into the MyTesla database at this time." -- I wasn't asking about phases 1-3, I was asking about the current phase that seems like there's a reporting problem or Tesla isn't selling any cars.

They also added "If you make a new referral and don't see it show up let us know.". I thought's that's what I asked?

Anyway, they ended "Stay electric, The Tesla Team"

So it's fantastic that they actually responded to my question, but I really didn't learn anything more to help explain the current situation.

My referral flow from my Wiki blog turned off January 1st before the last program ended. A 5 week dry spell is unprecedented since I started doing this. I typically max out early and then pick a person or two from the community to anonymously help get some referrals.

This new program has a race to 20 referrals so maybe they disqualified all high volume sources to stretch out the suspense and cost of delivering that prize? Maybe they are vetting them or otherwise filtering ones encouraged by ad word purchases or whatever.

• Helpful
Reactions: ModelX
My referral flow from my Wiki blog turned off January 1st before the last program ended. A 5 week dry spell is unprecedented since I started doing this. I typically max out early and then pick a person or two from the community to anonymously help get some referrals.

This new program has a race to 20 referrals so maybe they disqualified all high volume sources to stretch out the suspense and cost of delivering that prize? Maybe they are vetting them or otherwise filtering ones encouraged by ad word purchases or whatever.

How do you manage to get all these referrals?? I am in the 0 club and some of the videos I posted on my youtube channel probably resulted in a negative referral :)

Tesla did not ask me to but I decided to shutdown the Randomized Referral! at Tesla Referral Links. I agree with Elon that the referral should be a product of an individuals effort to persuade another to purchase a Tesla and thus should not be “randomly” solicited online. However, I believe that individuals who create videos, post informational blogs, and other useful information regarding their experience with their Tesla should be allowed to share their referral links online. That is how other referral services operate (i.e Amazon Affiliates).