Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range anxiety

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I often get asked about range and range anxiety. I know this has been discussed but I wanted to share a two wheel perspective.

I was with a group of people at work – mostly motorcycle commuters – discussing EVs. The topic turned to range and range anxiety. A few minutes later the questions were directed at me and my Tesla. All the normal comments and questions we have become accustom to hearing. I turned to them and said, “wow, are you guys messed up. I don’t have EV range anxiety I have gas anxiety.” They all looked puzzled. I explain every morning when I walk into my garage – I check which motorcycle has gas and which one needs gas. When all four are out of gas I am forced to drive out of my way to a gas station, get my wallet out of my backpack, fill up my tank and back track back to the freeway. As I back out of the driveway I look over to the Tesla and think...I wish my motorcycles would fill up magically overnight.

They all looked at me like…oh yea, getting gas is an inconvenience. Duh!

BTW – I am buying an Engerica to fix my gas anxiety problem.

I agree with you. I also ride to work (it's just faster with splitting than taking any car), and I have to fill it up twice a week, which means going out of my way either on the way to work or back.

For a commuter, an electric bike would be nice.