Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range Chart of Tesla Models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

winnie408

Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2023
Los Angeles
I'm looking to buy a used Tesla but wanted to see if there's a range chart that shows stated range of each model across various model years! I thought I had seen a very detailed one before, including realistic range, but I can't find it! It would make it much easier to view the changes over each model year without looking up for each used car I come across! :)

Reactions: Hank42
This one?

1687553466073.png

Thank you for this. I think the 2018 LR RWD is advertised with a 325 mile range though.
The earlier ones came with a displayed 100% range of 310 miles, but they were hiding the top end (not necessarily preventing you from charging the top end, just not displaying anything higher than 310. Later near the end of 2018, they changed the advertised range ( no change to the actual battery), and with a firmware update some (not all) of the previously delivered cars started showing a top end range of 325.

We had two 2018 LR RWD across our extended family, one never changed to show above 310, one did change to show top end up to 325. Regardless, both had the same size battery and same range, it was just a display thing. Five years later, both also have similar degradation down to about 300 miles.

The earlier ones came with a displayed 100% range of 310 miles, but they were hiding the top end (not necessarily preventing you from charging the top end, just not displaying anything higher than 310. Later near the end of 2018, they changed the advertised range ( no change to the actual battery), and with a firmware update some (not all) of the previously delivered cars started showing a top end range of 325.

We had two 2018 LR RWD across our extended family, one never changed to show above 310, one did change to show top end up to 325. Regardless, both had the same size battery and same range, it was just a display thing. Five years later, both also have similar degradation down to about 300 miles.

Thank you. This is good to know. It sounds like the RWD and the AWD have the same efficiency then, since they have the same range on the same battery.

Thank you. This is good to know. It sounds like the RWD and the AWD have the same efficiency then, since they have the same range on the same battery.
The RWD and AWD had the same rated range, but rather different real world efficiency. The RWD is more efficient by (looks at chart above) ~7%. Also, wheel diameter makes a difference, with 18" wheels with ugly wheel covers on taking the prize.

The RWD and AWD had the same rated range, but rather different real world efficiency. The RWD is more efficient by (looks at chart above) ~7%. Also, wheel diameter makes a difference, with 18" wheels with ugly wheel covers on taking the prize.

This is interesting. If these vehicles have different efficiency levels and the same battery, why would they have the same rated range? Or do they have the same theoretical efficiency but different real-world efficiencies?

This is interesting. If these vehicles have different efficiency levels and the same battery, why would they have the same rated range? Or do they have the same theoretical efficiency but different real-world efficiencies?
I believe that is a quirk of the EPA labeling. EPA don't care (apparently) if all versions of a particular model, though varying slightly in efficiency, are labeled the same. I'm not sure of the rules and procedures, but I would guess the label is based on either the least efficient or the most common version of the model.

Reactions: Hiline