Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it is normal that my car losses 1% per day parking in garage. The weird thing is occasionally after driving, my car would loss 3% of range parked in the garage. Does it happen to you? It's not often but it happens and i'm concern! Giving the temperature in the garage is around 70 degree in CA.

it is normal that my car losses 1% per day parking in garage. The weird thing is occasionally after driving, my car would loss 3% of range parked in the garage. Does it happen to you? It's not often but it happens and i'm concern! Giving the temperature in the garage is around 70 degree in CA.

Normal. It can happen for various reasons, sometimes due to features you turn on, sometimes for other unknown reasons.

If you're showing energy display (%) for your range, you can rule out temperature changes for the most part as the cause. (Temperature fluctuations resulting in available energy loss (or gain) don't typically affect the displayed %. They only affect the displayed rated miles. This is because the definition of 100% is changing with temperature...)

I lost 22 or 24 miles of range in the parking garage overnight just the other day. No obvious reason for it. Most days it is closer to 3-4 miles of loss per day.

Last edited:
Normal. It can happen for various reasons, sometimes due to features you turn on, sometimes for other unknown reasons.

If you're showing energy display (%) for your range, you can rule out temperature changes for the most part as the cause. (Temperature fluctuations resulting in available energy loss (or gain) don't typically affect the displayed %. They only affect the displayed rated miles. This is because the definition of 100% is changing with temperature...)

I lost 22 or 24 miles of range in the parking garage overnight just the other day. No obvious reason for it. Most days it is closer to 3-4 miles of loss per day.

Losing 22-24 miles parking in garage is unacceptable.

Losing 22-24 miles parking in garage is unacceptable.

That amount certainly is not the norm. I am not sure what happened - normally in that same garage I see just a couple miles overnight. In response to your original question, it's important to determine whether you saw 3% loss or whether that is a calculated number (that you calculated) from the miles you lost.