Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ranger visit and alarm setting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a ranger visit today to repair a faulty passenger seat switch on my M3P.

Asked about the lack of ability to turn the alarm/tilt sensor off. Apparently it is an issue they are aware of and he believed a fix would be coming shortly.

When we had really gusty winds over the weekend my alarm was going off every five minutes and eventually I had to leave the car unlocked (with PIN to drive enabled) for the rest of the weekend :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Had a ranger visit today to repair a faulty passenger seat switch on my M3P.

Asked about the lack of ability to turn the alarm/tilt sensor off. Apparently it is an issue they are aware of and he believed a fix would be coming shortly.

When we had really gusty winds over the weekend my alarm was going off every five minutes and eventually I had to leave the car unlocked (with PIN to drive enabled) for the rest of the weekend :eek:
It's been pointed out a few times they enabled this to get a certain thatcham security rating, but in the process they also left the tilt option unable to be turned off (the other alarm settings will be permanently on). It shouldn't be going off for wind though. Are you sure there was no insect in the car, that seems to be the main reason for alarms going off. Wind would mean something else is wrong, it is only suppose to set off with that settings if it detects tilt, i.e on a transporter, ferry etc.

It's been pointed out a few times they enabled this to get a certain thatcham security rating, but in the process they also left the tilt option unable to be turned off (the other alarm settings will be permanently on). It shouldn't be going off for wind though. Are you sure there was no insect in the car, that seems to be the main reason for alarms going off. Wind would mean something else is wrong, it is only suppose to set off with that settings if it detects tilt, i.e on a transporter, ferry etc.

Didn't see an insect but the car was rocking with the gusts. First time it has happened but will keep an eye on it.