Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rats Chewed Wires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rats, chewed through an unknown wiring harness. The harness is a small cluster of wires (3-5 wires ???), that consists of a purple wire (for sure), possibly a red wire and a "thick" black one (almost looks as if the black one has shielding, similar to a coaxial cable)(the black one is approximately 2mm thick). This portion of the harness runs under the brake fluid reservoir (in front of driver) across the top of two 1" thick hoses (not easy to reach). It ties into the large wiring harness (1.5-2" thick of wires that are attached to the firewall) which runs across the firewall. Recently the pump to the windshield wiper fluid is not pumping (unknown if related).

Can anyone tell me what these wires are associated with and how hard to replace this section of wiring harness?
[Telsa S 2017]

Thanks in advance.

u would need to search teslas service website in connector reference, it has harnesses pictures
coax wire is probably for proximity senor or such
on my X i had a coax wire going to sensor on the bottom of the rocker panel just below drivers door, not sure about the S tho...

Upvote 0