Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rats...[question on preventing rodent damage in model 3]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently , model 3 wiring harnesses are tasty treats :(
Anybody have experience with a proven deterrent ? I street park in a metro area so they’ll surely be around but I’m hoping there’s some type repellent - makes for pricey consequences .

I live in the countryside in Estonia. I've always had a problem with mice. They penetrate into my cars and cause a lot of trouble. When I got the M3 7 months ago, I thought to myself, when will the mice penetrate into this car. I usually keep my cars outside not in garage even the temperature is -20 degrees Celsius.
Today I was driving on highway and suddenly a large mouse stares at me from behind the windshield at a speed of 95 km/h. He moved left and right and stared us again. I couldn't believe my eyes right away, but a few seconds later, I tried to turn on wipers but I activated the old car's windshield wiper, or Tesla's right stick, which didn't work as i expected. Then the mouse hid. We drove for 5 minutes, the mouse climbed under the hood onto the windshield again. I managed to wait for the mouse to go on the wipers and then I turned them on. He tried his best, but he was gone.

What will he chew through first? Filters, wires? What should I protec most? Should I go TSS and check it out?

I have to admit that I don't want to take the cat.

IMG20231018203101.jpg