Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattle sound and steering shakes when changing lanes or driving on pavement reflector markers.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have had my MS for almost two months now. 90D with HW2 and all glass roof. I started noticing a weird rattle noise coming from the left side of the car around the front left tire when changing lanes. Or anytime I drive over a broken or cracked area on the road concrete or over the pavement marker reflectors, the car makes for few seconds (while driving over these depressions or cracks in the concrete or pavement markers) a weird rattle sound and also the steering shakes a little bit for the duration of the sound. As soon as I switch lanes and pass over that cracked concrete on the road, the sounds goes away. However, I didn't have this issue while driving over the same roads for almost 7 weeks.

Anyone else experienced/experiencing the same issue? I am worried it may be a larger underlying problem.

Yep ^^^^ what they say. Sometimes various settings become reset during software releases and you've got to go back and customize them again. Unpredictable as to which, if any, settings until you stumble upon them. PIA but harmless.