Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

rattles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 weeks into car and have two rattles. Took it in and they said they fixed both. One was coming rear hatch and needed the latch tightened. Thats fixed. The other was a clicking noise from under front left of dash when ever car runs over a tar strip which they said was a loose shim. THAT is not fixed and now has gotten more pronounced and irritating. So much so that I would be embarrassed to have anyone else ride in my 55000 plus car. Its the weekend and I won't hear from anyone till Monday Im sure. Since its a lot worse I was wonder\ing if they removed dash to try to fix it the first time and didnt gets it back in properly. At any rate it bothers me so much I would consider getting rid of car if they cant find the problem.

I've had 3 rattles in the 8 months I've owned my Model Y. The first 2 were covered under warranty. The 3rd was going to cost me $105 to fix. Tesla Service said "The standard for noise concerns requires the vehicle to be under 6,000 miles AND be under 6 Months. The vehicle was delivered in September 2020.". I've only got 3,700 miles but 2 months over the 6 months.

Kind of gives me a crappy feeling about Tesla.

I've had 3 rattles in the 8 months I've owned my Model Y. The first 2 were covered under warranty. The 3rd was going to cost me $105 to fix. Tesla Service said "The standard for noise concerns requires the vehicle to be under 6,000 miles AND be under 6 Months. The vehicle was delivered in September 2020.". I've only got 3,700 miles but 2 months over the 6 months.

Kind of gives me a crappy feeling about Tesla.
a lot of this kind of crap from the service center seem to depend on which service advisor you get and his/her mood of the day. Sometime I read about other's experience of service centers bending over backwards, replacing this and that, and other times everything is within specs.

In case it helps anyone, I had a couple of rattles I had put off pursuing but tracked them down yesterday - yeah!

First I properly adjusted the hatch so it latched more tightly and evenly - took care of the squeaks from the seals rubbing on rough roads very nicely. I thought I had it done correctly before but apparently not. Lot's of tips on how to do that elsewhere here.

I also pulled the rear seat and put some quiet tape between the dual seat belt latches and on both sides of the single seat belt latch. While I was at it I put some between the plastic covers and the metal on the rear seat hinges, both sides. One of the covers was kind of jammed against the side of the hinge so I freed that up - that had squeaked when I pressed it but no longer. I looked everything else over but all was tight and secure. Anyway, So quiet now!

Hey, it's the little victories that put a smile on my face :). Here's a link to the tape I used;

In case it helps anyone, I had a couple of rattles I had put off pursuing but tracked them down yesterday - yeah!

First I properly adjusted the hatch so it latched more tightly and evenly - took care of the squeaks from the seals rubbing on rough roads very nicely. I thought I had it done correctly before but apparently not. Lot's of tips on how to do that elsewhere here.

I also pulled the rear seat and put some quiet tape between the dual seat belt latches and on both sides of the single seat belt latch. While I was at it I put some between the plastic covers and the metal on the rear seat hinges, both sides. One of the covers was kind of jammed against the side of the hinge so I freed that up - that had squeaked when I pressed it but no longer. I looked everything else over but all was tight and secure. Anyway, So quiet now!

Hey, it's the little victories that put a smile on my face :). Here's a link to the tape I used;

How did you adjust your hatch?