Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattling noise during heating operation (with audio)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, some M3 drivers including me, have the following noise sometimes in heating mode (please listen to videos), manual mode without dehumidification (AC off), only heating the interior with a heat pump (please download videos.zip, extract and hear).
Tesla cannot/does not want to provide any information about the noise in the video. I would have to take a day's vacation and drive 200km to the center, but then the noise probably wouldn't occur.But since several M3 drivers have it, maybe it's normal?

Greetings.

Attachments

• Videos.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 43
Reactions: dawidgora
Btw do you know how to "reproduce" this issue? On what conditions it's occurring? Right now, I don't hear it, so I guess it has to be cold enough (here in Poland, the temperature has risen above 0 Celsius lately).

I'm asking because I'm thinking about reporting it via the Tesla app.

yes, only if "AC" is manually turned off as I wrote: "heating mode, manual mode without dehumidification (AC off), only heating the interior with heat pump."
here you can directly look/hear that noise:

link to video
today it is 7°C and in "auto mode" (with AC on) there was no rattling noise, then I switched to "AC off" - wait some time -> rattling noise.