Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Raven" firmare suspension upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest 2019.28.2 Has a release note indicating that during high speed driving suspension damping over 100mph. I love that Tesla improves my driving experience. Has anyone played with the driving dynamics at this speed? Noticed this upgrade?
photo.php
8DC56730-F56E-4F97-8F5D-5A51EDFCBFC3_1_201_a.jpeg

Latest 2019.28.2 Has a release note indicating that during high speed driving suspension damping over 100mph...Has anyone played with the driving dynamics at this speed?
Please don’t do that on a public road unless it’s the Autobahn in Germany. Otherwise, go to a track. I have exceeded 100mph while driving...on a track.

I see the release notes say “As always, please drive responsibly.” I would have added “and obey all traffic laws”.

In California, getting a ticket when exceeding 100mph can result in a fine up to $1,000 and possibly having your license suspended for up to a month. Makes sense to me.

Please don’t do that on a public road unless it’s the Autobahn in Germany. Otherwise, go to a track. I have exceeded 100mph while driving...on a track.

I see the release notes say “As always, please drive responsibly.” I would have added “and obey all traffic laws”.

In California, getting a ticket when exceeding 100mph can result in a fine up to $1,000 and possibly having your license suspended for up to a month. Makes sense to me.
I have not exceeded 80 to my knowledge. There is just no place to drive that fast in Oahu (that I know of). That’s why I asked the question. I know that cars with poorly damped suspension can get squirrely at high speeds, I was curious to see if this was a noticeable improvement. Likely at this time only a tiny number of people who have both a ”raven” car and have driven over 100 who would notice.

They need to update it for normal driving use.

I've noticed my Model X with the new suspension does not take speed bumps very well. They need to update that.

Agree speed bumps, could use some adaptive suspension improvements. As well, better AP recognition of speed bumps. (Yes I drive on AP in areas with speed bumps, keeps the lead foot off the electron pedal)

Over 100mph?

Not many people take their cars to the tracks, and even then tracks should be clean and smooth.

They need to update it for normal driving use.

I've noticed my Model X with the new suspension does not take speed bumps very well. They need to update that.

I love to go with my X 200+km/h @ german autobahn :D. But the battery is empty very fast.

• Funny
Reactions: brocklee