Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

rcm2_a636 Front Passenger Safety Restraint System Fault - Mobile Service Eligible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started getting the above error in my car. I sent to schedule service and the app let me set this up for a mobile tech. But when I was contacted by a service rep, they said this would need to be done at a service center. Unfortunately that's a 1.5 hr drive each way for me and it's hard to find time to do that. I'm looking for input from any others that have had this error addressed, to see if anyone has actually had this taken care of by a mobile tech, or if that's really not possible.

If i need to be at the service center, I might just put it off until I have a more pressing issue that needs to get addressed.

I started getting the above error in my car. I sent to schedule service and the app let me set this up for a mobile tech. But when I was contacted by a service rep, they said this would need to be done at a service center. Unfortunately that's a 1.5 hr drive each way for me and it's hard to find time to do that. I'm looking for input from any others that have had this error addressed, to see if anyone has actually had this taken care of by a mobile tech, or if that's really not possible.

If i need to be at the service center, I might just put it off until I have a more pressing issue that needs to get addressed.
I know this is an old thread, but just in case… I had this error pop up as well and found on a Reddit thread someone mentioned electronics sitting on the seat messing with the sensors. I had an AC converter to plug a laptop in sitting on my passenger seat and got the error and as soon as I unplugged the converter the error cleared so it seems like there is some truth in electro magnetic interference.

I'm getting the same RCM2_a636 code. Just showed up 12/3/23 yesterday. Wouldn't clear all day, even after a passenger came in and out. Tesla also told me it has to be at a service center and their $0 estimate (still under warranty) has a recplacement of the Occupancy Control Sensor and a harness. I posted in a similar M3 thread that is 5 pages of related, but other error codes. Lucky for me my SC is about 2 miles away. Sorry it's just super far for you to get to one. The app did something similar in that it let me setup a mobile appointment. An hour after it was confirmed, i got a new message telling me to "schedule" my appointment again - out 2.5 weeks from now. I let it sit and messaged Tesla back - they replied and also bumped me back only a week away to 12/12.

Of all things, it cleared this morning. Didn't adjust the seat one bit. I did my normal daily routine of putting my messenger bag + lunch bag in the passenger seat and the alert never came in. I'm still gonna move forward with the repair next week - but I'm slightly worried they'll turn me away if the alert is gone. I do have pictures of my screen from when it came in - and from what I've read, it'll go from intermittent to complete failure eventually.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
I decided to put this off since it was intermittent. A month or two ago I got under the seat and tried to push the connectors in and I haven't seen the error since. I'm supposed to have a local service center in the next 6 months or so, hopefully the error stays away until then.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
I decided to put this off since it was intermittent. A month or two ago I got under the seat and tried to push the connectors in and I haven't seen the error since. I'm supposed to have a local service center in the next 6 months or so, hopefully the error stays away until then.
Hey, count me in as waiting for the service center in Syracuse as well! (I heard it was Fayetteville?) Just got this error this week, scheduled mobile, moved to a service center... then cancelled. I was just up in Albany a few weeks ago and am not willing to go back again.

My seat had an occupancy sensor code right after I got the car and they fixed it via mobile. Really wish they'd do it again on this one.

Yes, Fayetteville is correct. 5427 N Burdick St, Fayetteville, NY 13066.

From google maps:
1702475542961.png

Reactions: fiehlsport