Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Front passenger safety restraint system fault" error with car seat cover on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, my wife's 2023 MYLR purchased/delivered in early December 2022. I put seat covers on both front seats and back seat about 2 weeks later. Her car last few days started to have "front passenger safety restraint system fault" error. After reading up on this topic, it seems to be more common problem than I thought. My question is should I remove the car seat cover before the mobile service coming next week? Does it void warranty if the seat cover is on? Thank you much in advance for your input.

Kinda suck for a fairly new car 2023 MYLR to have 2 major replacements already, this seat and the whole B-Pillar back a few months ago.

Attachments

• IMG_5753.jpeg
    IMG_5753.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0
i never got an a636 error, just a700 error. do you know what they're fixing? harness, seat sensor? or entire seat?
I first got the a636 error. Mobile tech came, took out the whole seat, harness, seat sensors, etc and everything was put back ( I wasn't home but was able to watch via my security cam from my driveway). After he was done and supposely fixed, I came home from work and notice now a700 error came up. Contact SC and they said the new seat will have to be ordered and replaced now.

Upvote 0
I first got the a636 error. Mobile tech came, took out the whole seat, harness, seat sensors, etc and everything was put back ( I wasn't home but was able to watch via my security cam from my driveway). After he was done and supposely fixed, I came home from work and notice now a700 error came up. Contact SC and they said the new seat will have to be ordered and replaced now.
going in for a700 error and other adjustments tomorrow. got estimate and a700 does not list any parts, just says general diagnosis on there.

Upvote 0