Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety restraint fault solved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone is getting a fault, ie front passenger safety restraint fault service required, the issue may simply be the manual door latch / window. I solved mine by rolling down the window and opening the door with the latch. The fault went away and I did not have to schedule a service.

Reactions: Locutus
If anyone is getting a fault, ie front passenger safety restraint fault service required, the issue may simply be the manual door latch / window. I solved mine by rolling down the window and opening the door with the latch. The fault went away and I did not have to schedule a service.
Crazy that it worked for me too! Had put a pelican case on the seat via passenger door in am. Grabbed it across the console and left it on location then drove to another site. No issues. 2 hours later I get in the car and see this warning about front passenger seatbelt module error. Drive home, 3 hours later drive off and it's still there. Find the trick, implement it before heading back and the warning is gone. WTH caused the manual door trigger to clear this?

Dave, Can you please elaborate on your procedure please? Is it the manual door latch outside or inside? Thanks

Update on my travels, the error has come back and it's no longer the a058 message I originally saw in the service screen.
That problem is a known issue with electrical noise under the passenger seat. What I'm seeing now on the service screen is the a124 error code and it's saying the knee airbag circuit resistance is too high. What I found was it might be a ground connection on the driver side A Pillar down by the floor where there is a large ground lug which often comes loose. Since our 2022 MYLR rides like a truck I would not be surprised something has rattled loose.

For that rough ride problem I'm going to try switching from 20" induction wheels(255/40R20 tires) to 18" flow forged wheels and 255/50R18 tires. More sidewall to take the road bumps. If that doesn't do the trick then I'll have to go with springs and strut replacements.