Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Front passenger safety restraint system fault" error with car seat cover on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, my wife's 2023 MYLR purchased/delivered in early December 2022. I put seat covers on both front seats and back seat about 2 weeks later. Her car last few days started to have "front passenger safety restraint system fault" error. After reading up on this topic, it seems to be more common problem than I thought. My question is should I remove the car seat cover before the mobile service coming next week? Does it void warranty if the seat cover is on? Thank you much in advance for your input.

Yes it's on 2023.20.7. Isn't yours supposed to be under warranty? Unless yours has over 50k miles?
64k on the clock. 4k over the SRS warranty. Tried to wiggle them to cover it, got denied.

Edit: Going to drive it this week to see if it comes back up, my appointment isn't until 2 weeks from now since they said they need the car in the service center for more diagnosis and that mobile rangers can't handle. /shrug

Reactions: Nikon201068
Upvote 0
Hello, my wife's 2023 MYLR purchased/delivered in early December 2022. I put seat covers on both front seats and back seat about 2 weeks later. Her car last few days started to have "front passenger safety restraint system fault" error. After reading up on this topic, it seems to be more common problem than I thought. My question is should I remove the car seat cover before the mobile service coming next week? Does it void warranty if the seat cover is on? Thank you much in advance for your input.

The seat cover shouldn't have caused a front passenger safety restraint system fault. The Occupancy Sensor is most likely at fault and will need to be replaced due to a broken wire or wires in the pressure sensor. Tesla should be able to fix the issue under warranty if this is the concern for the fault. The seat cover shouldn't void the warranty as long as the straps have not damaged any wires or wiring harnesses. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
The seat cover shouldn't have caused a front passenger safety restraint system fault. The Occupancy Sensor is most likely at fault and will need to be replaced due to a broken wire or wires in the pressure sensor. Tesla should be able to fix the issue under warranty if this is the concern for the fault. The seat cover shouldn't void the warranty as long as the straps have not damaged any wires or wiring harnesses. I hope this helps.
Thank you

Upvote 0
he just finished.
If they have the whole seat out, they are most likely replacing the occupany sensor and maybe wiring..
IMG_5741.jpeg

Upvote 0
Those are exactly the same parts quoted for me. Driven the car since Sunday and the error hasn't popped back up since giant reboot of the car and reseating all the connectors under the seat. I'm guessing this is a firmware problem and not a physical problem. If you're a DIYer, you can try to do what I did and see if the error comes back up.

Upvote 0

I got my tesla for less than a month. got this error message after the update 2023.20.7. I am not sure if it is related to another issue.

Upvote 0