Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reaching service department human?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have given up trying to dial into a human from the service department. Is there a standard menu option to reach service at the local dealer. I am in Columbus, Ohio at Easton Loop dealership. Have Googled and dialed a variety of numbers and options. No luck.
Have others dialed into the service desk and spoken to a person?

They very very very rarely answer phones, and even more rarely call back if a message is left.

Best chance is to post on the more local region subforums here (somewhere here: Americas -) and see if you can get the email contact of the local service center from someone. They're much better at responding to email.

I have given up trying to dial into a human from the service department. Is there a standard menu option to reach service at the local dealer. I am in Columbus, Ohio at Easton Loop dealership. Have Googled and dialed a variety of numbers and options. No luck.
Have others dialed into the service desk and spoken to a person?

Actually, there IS a bit of a "hack" to reach someone at a specific service center. Look up the number for the service center in question, call it, then listen VERY closely to the prompts. What you are listening for, is directions to check on the status of a vehicle currently in service.

That will actually ring the local service center, unless they have recently changed something. Ensure you already have a scheduled appointment when you do this, however, because when the human picks up they are going to want to look up your appointment.

Also explain to the human why you are actually calling, and needing a human (if you dont want to get rebuffed fairly quickly). Something like "I need to know an estimate of how long my service appointment will take, I am scheduled to drop it off on XXX day".

Not "I want to tell you about my battery degradation, my car is reporting 8 less miles than it used to".

Anyway... trying to check on status for a car in service rings your local service center, if you start off by calling them. Just about any other option routes you to a call center that is not your local service center.

• Funny
Reactions: GZDongles
Actually, there IS a bit of a "hack" to reach someone at a specific service center. Look up the number for the service center in question, call it, then listen VERY closely to the prompts. What you are listening for, is directions to check on the status of a vehicle currently in service.

That will actually ring the local service center, unless they have recently changed something. Ensure you already have a scheduled appointment when you do this, however, because when the human picks up they are going to want to look up your appointment.

Also explain to the human why you are actually calling, and needing a human (if you dont want to get rebuffed fairly quickly). Something like "I need to know an estimate of how long my service appointment will take, I am scheduled to drop it off on XXX day".

Not "I want to tell you about my battery degradation, my car is reporting 8 less miles than it used to".

Anyway... trying to check on status for a car in service rings your local service center, if you start off by calling them. Just about any other option routes you to a call center that is not your local service center.

That's a good tip!

It's amazing what we have to go through for customer service. Worst customer service for a company this size that I have ever seen in my entire life.