Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Read battery temperature & voltage from different its cell/module on a Model 3 's CANBUS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wlee

щаслива чихуахуа
Feb 16, 2022
Тайвань
I found this discussion about Model S, which can read the battery's voltages and temperature from its different cells/modules using CANBUS.

Can Model 3 read the data from different cells/modules?
I need these data for battery health analysis.

Last edited:
Yes, the Model 3 reports individual voltage on each of its 96 cells across the CanBus.

I don't believe - I don't recollect seeing this, so could be wrong - it reports individual cell temps, though it reports minimum, maximum, and average of the population. (To be clear, it's possible the car is reporting individual cell temps, but that the developer of Scan My Tesla - the third-party app I use to monitor CanBus sensors - simply chose not to display them).

Last edited:
Reactions: wlee
Can you show us your BMS screen CB458E87-30EA-4982-A05A-69BD291B7974.jpeg
Correction, it only displays cell voltages.

Reactions: wlee
I just want to confirm everything is ok after I update my ScanMyTesla app. It can show individual cell voltages in BMS menu, although its update rate is very low, one sample every one minute, since it has many cells need to output their voltages.

Reactions: jdcollins5