Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ready for the joy of owning Tesla :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi to All,

Back in November I started looking for a new car with a plan to purchase in the spring of 2020. A friend mentioned Tesla 3. I went to test drive it. And I loved the car.

So after that test drive I've been reading this forum almost daily. Plan to get M3 LR AWD, ideally M3P-
But I still have some questions and I hope I can get some comments from the community.

1. Loaner/service in the area. My job requires me to be on call and available to get to the workplace within 30 min.
Right now If I have any issues with the car, I drop it at the dealership and I get a loaner for as long as needed. It has been always like this for me. I can't rely on Uber while I'm on call. I cannot afford not having a car available to me at all times. I guess I may consider renting a car but any other suggestions are welcomed. Can I request a loaner from the service center? I hope I won't need any repairs but I do not need to have a plan if I do. Owning a second car is not an option. ;)

2. Any recommendations on a good SA and Delivery Center here in San Diego area that would help with getting M3P- if possible?

3. What's the best time to order the car? I do not care about the wait, I have a perfectly fine car now and I can wait. In fact, reading the horror stories of these that ordered back in December I do not want any of that sort of a drama! Financing and trade-in are also not a concern. Just a smooth, stress-free delivery. So order now or wait till beginning of March?

4. I found some old posts on recommended electricians. But any suggestions that are more current are welcomed. I plan on installing Wall Charger in the garage. DIY project not an option.

5. Lots written about cabin noise. I would like to know if there is a significant noise from the tires when you drive 30-40 mph on the regular city road (not freeway/highway) with the front passenger window half down. I know it's a weird question. My current tires/wheels are painfully noisy in this setting and much more than any of my previous cars. I did not think to check it during my test drive.

6. I've read all about paint issues. I'm not that picky. I would not even think to check the car that carefully. But I do not need rust or some major issues 5 yrs from now because of the poor paint application. So are these issues mostly cosmetic or do they really matter and I should check my new car very carefully?

7. And lastly I'm just curious: Does Tesla AP see yellow poles like this ones: Highway divider
I have not decided on FSD yet...

Thanks in advance!