Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real World Model 3 UK Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cold weather is coming now so im sure over the winter, even with careful driving there will be less effeciency. Already gone up one over the weekend, although good trip down to London this morning. It will be what it will be in the winter. Best not to worry and just enjoy the car. Plenty of superchargers out there if needed

Attachments

• 9D75C5EB-9986-4828-9E22-1D95590E730D.jpeg
    9D75C5EB-9986-4828-9E22-1D95590E730D.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 57
even with careful driving there will be less effeciency.

If you do short trips the impact will be significant, but so long as you have off-road charging then just plug in when you get home. Not going to run out of range on short trips ...

... on long single-leg trips in UK at 5C -10C then its about 10% more consumption (pre-heat car from mains before departure), so only an impact if the journey is over 80%-ish of best Summer range.

If you are driving to the Alps then, yes, 10% more consumption, and 10% more Supercharging.

Stop for an hour (or overnight) and set off (without mains pre-condition) and that takes a lot of battery each time.

Wet roads far more consumption than dry roads

Below 0C then the consumption increases a fair bit - I aim to stay at home anyway on those days!

Thanks for the heads up and thanks to the rrst of you for diving in on these things too. Its much appreciated.
Just a note on charging data. I dont want to be paying or subscribing to apps with fancy gimmicks. The Tesla app is not very good for keeping charging costs accurately. I came accross a free app called eevee. Its great for keeping track of costs down to the last penny and emails monthly reports. You only pay if you register more than one car.