Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Really Fed Up - Ordering - Anyone have contacts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I am a long time tesla fan. Bought shares many years ago, have been looking forward to the 3 since the original Master Plan. Waited in line and was waiting for AWD. But I have hit a point of total exhaustion with the process. The misinformation is beyond frustrating and discouraging. I have driven the 3 and love it. But the sales side leaves a lot to be desired and for some reason almost every rep chooses to make up facts rather than say they don't know.

So back to the point. After seeing white in person this past Wednesday, I was sold. I originally reserved in May, then upgraded end of June. Thus I was gifted lifetime internet connectivity, then the Unlimited supercharging. My only two questions:
  • If I change to white, my MVPA changes the order date, thus do I lose lifetime internet?
  • As my order date changes, do I lose supercharging? Tesla says you cannot add a referral code post order, thus my order date on MVPA changes to after August 1st, and i can't add referral code....

Now I have called 4 times, talked to people twice (there are only so many times you can wait on hold for an hour), been to two physical stores and talked to several floor sales members and managers, reached out to the person who emailed me when I reserved, and have had the people in store email anyone they can find on my account in Salesforce. I have no idea where else to go here. I have answers range from ofcourse you won't get it, to I have to make a new reservation and cancel my original, to I should get it, to maybe I'll get it. I realize I'm not buying a Ferrari, but these are basic questions that I should be able to get an answer to.

On top of all this, the config to change is now $700 more due to the change in pricing (paint $500, delivery $200). Normally I would say tough luck to me, but for two days prior I had been actively chasing the answer and was willing to upgrade, but just needed the answer to those questions.

If you want to say I am unreasonable, I get it, but this is crazy that I can't get real info to simple questions. I want to change, but now its $700 more, even though I was proactive, and still no answer.

So my question to the community, does anyone have any other contacts to help me get an answer?

Thanks all!
-Nate

So take this all with a grain of salt.

The lifetime LTE has been stated by Tesla employees (anecdotal reports) that it's based on when you put in the $2500 specifically, so should still be OK. Of course we haven't gotten to the point where anyone has gotten to test that in the field.

The P though, not sure. I explicitly put mine in July 31st like 10 minutes after finding out about the free SC just for this reason. That would probably be call and find out: you could always cancel and reorder with a referral code, but this seems so awkward and stupid I think Tesla would probably honor it but I'd certainly try to get more research done on that before making any decision.

Also do note any change to the config now will change the price of paint and destination fee (potentially); I was looking into adding FSD if whatever gets announced for features this month looks compelling but now, will just add that later from the looks of it.

White in Boston = cream/off-white for much of the year unless you're doing daily car washes. Also, I'm noticing that the front of the car picks up way more bug splats than my previous cars, and that will really show up with white. So maybe the best bet is to just stick with your original order. My personal experience is that eventually you stop noticing what color you picked and just marvel at how awesome the car drives.

See that's the problem, no one can say definitely and all I can get are maybes or it should work. I have been burned too many times in the past to just trust that without any confirmation, and these additions are not insignificant money.

On the white, I mean white seats, not exterior, my bad :) White exterior is stunning, but in, Boston that lasts till the on ramp...

What really pushed me over the edge to post is I was willing to spend the extra for white interior, pending those two questions having affirmative answers, but I needed to see it in person. I finally did, the spent three days, still no answer, honestly less of an answer now, and the price changed. Just very frustrating process, especially since I can prove multiple ways I was changing to white before price change, just was looking for a simple answer that no one seemed to have, that they should.

Thus I appreciate if anyone had any contacts at Tesla. Thank you all!

Hello All,

I am a long time tesla fan. Bought shares many years ago, have been looking forward to the 3 since the original Master Plan. Waited in line and was waiting for AWD. But I have hit a point of total exhaustion with the process. The misinformation is beyond frustrating and discouraging. I have driven the 3 and love it. But the sales side leaves a lot to be desired and for some reason almost every rep chooses to make up facts rather than say they don't know.

So back to the point. After seeing white in person this past Wednesday, I was sold. I originally reserved in May, then upgraded end of June. Thus I was gifted lifetime internet connectivity, then the Unlimited supercharging. My only two questions:
  • If I change to white, my MVPA changes the order date, thus do I lose lifetime internet?
  • As my order date changes, do I lose supercharging? Tesla says you cannot add a referral code post order, thus my order date on MVPA changes to after August 1st, and i can't add referral code....

Now I have called 4 times, talked to people twice (there are only so many times you can wait on hold for an hour), been to two physical stores and talked to several floor sales members and managers, reached out to the person who emailed me when I reserved, and have had the people in store email anyone they can find on my account in Salesforce. I have no idea where else to go here. I have answers range from ofcourse you won't get it, to I have to make a new reservation and cancel my original, to I should get it, to maybe I'll get it. I realize I'm not buying a Ferrari, but these are basic questions that I should be able to get an answer to.

On top of all this, the config to change is now $700 more due to the change in pricing (paint $500, delivery $200). Normally I would say tough luck to me, but for two days prior I had been actively chasing the answer and was willing to upgrade, but just needed the answer to those questions.

If you want to say I am unreasonable, I get it, but this is crazy that I can't get real info to simple questions. I want to change, but now its $700 more, even though I was proactive, and still no answer.

So my question to the community, does anyone have any other contacts to help me get an answer?

Thanks all!
-Nate

Wow sounds like my issue. I am now on my 6 order agreement, 2 VINs assignments and still wondering if I will get supercharging after placing my order on 6/26 for performance version. Without me requesting any changes to my original ordro.

My ISA is useless (initials CD) as well as customer service. Wasted 7 hours of my life trying to get a hold of someone that cannot answer my questions .

The only thing that I heard is that connectivity is tied to the date that you placed the $2500 deposit so you should be good in that regard. On the supercharging concern no one has been able to answer my question.

I been thinking if I should waste another hour of my life today to see if they can add the referral code to get supercharging since I received my 6th order agreement yesterday.

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
You are good on the free internet front. I asked my ISA this specific question because I had a changed from AWD in July after originally ordering on June 27th. He checked the computer while I was on the phone, and the system shows my order date as 27 June and that I will get the free lifetime internet. Don’t have any answers to your other questions though.