Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reapply for financing with rate cut?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i'm in a bit of dilemma. I got my approval through my bank and it's good until April 6.

lender has my MVPA and is sending me my loan contract tomorrow. I was on the first batch of delivery confirmation emails on February 24, but when i called local delivery center (Northern VA) after i got my MVPA, I was told it could be delayed into first or second week of April (basically, it hasn't left Fremont for delivery).

Lender won't extend past April 6. I could send a signed contract back closer April 6, but without knowing if my delivery will even happen this month, I'm wondering if I need to shop rates before my 30 days expires. Will it hurt my credit if I'm within a 2-week window of shopping rates?

If I send a signed contract closer to the end of the month, then my first payment would be due the last week in April, but there's just no telling how long it can be delayed and I definitely don't want to start payments without an actual car in hand....

So i'm in a bit of dilemma. I got my approval through my bank and it's good until April 6.

lender has my MVPA and is sending me my loan contract tomorrow. I was on the first batch of delivery confirmation emails on February 24, but when i called local delivery center (Northern VA) after i got my MVPA, I was told it could be delayed into first or second week of April (basically, it hasn't left Fremont for delivery).

Lender won't extend past April 6. I could send a signed contract back closer April 6, but without knowing if my delivery will even happen this month, I'm wondering if I need to shop rates before my 30 days expires. Will it hurt my credit if I'm within a 2-week window of shopping rates?

If I send a signed contract closer to the end of the month, then my first payment would be due the last week in April, but there's just no telling how long it can be delayed and I definitely don't want to start payments without an actual car in hand....
Why not use the Tesla rate match program and Finance through Tesla

Best Rate Guarantee

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker