Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Requirements, experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I was an owner of a 2022 hyundai tuscon hybrid that got trashed and totalled out by an Elk on a road trip.
I am currently renting a model 3 and im really enjoying it, and im probably going to get a model Y for the extra space. I was debating on getting the same vehicle again as I beat the snot out of it for 18 months and 54k miles. but after renting this thing, I really really enjoy it and since i get to use it real world I already have a feel for charging habits, need, etc etc.

The POA to pay it off was signed today, so ill assume in about 1-2 weeks it will be paid off and i will not have a car loan on my credit anymore.

My score is 670, and If i pay off the $3000 in credit cards I owe i should be at about 690-695.
I filed bankruptcy over 3 years ago.
everything on my report now is 100% current, on time, all like a good boy should. I have about 20k in open available credit cards once i pay the last bit. I have also bought 2 cars since my BK (Dec 2019 discharge) and refi one.
Dec 2019-to Dec 2020 $15k for the car 14.9% (5 year old used BMW car) the refinanced for 8.25%
Sept 2021 to Present $35k (no upside down from previous car) 3.9% (brand new off showroom)

Personal income is greater than the vehicle purchase price, but not 6 figures and housing is $1200 a month.

With the above details, what are the chances of NOT getting approved via tesla financing? I wont be applying for about another month, and targeting between $6500-8000 downpayment.

I mean, this is a lot of your personal information out here for basically no reason, because you can simply apply online and see if you get approved or not. No ones opinion here is going to matter on this, all anyone can do is speculate.

Im not trying to be mean or anything, I just mean there isnt any real reason for you to put all your business out here when you can get an answer by applying online with tesla or wherever you bank and have an answer to your question in like 15 minutes vs everyone debating whether you should be buying the car, or talking about your debt to income ratio, or putting in opinions that you should always pay cash for a car, etc etc, which is where threads like this almost always end up.

TL ; DR just apply at your bank when you are ready, and also apply at tesla. All car applications in a 2 week period will be bundled together as far as your score is concerned. Put enough down and you can almost always get financed.