Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Deck Lid Switch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 Model X. When the car is parked in the garage or in a parking lot, I approach the car at the rear with the key FOB in my pocket. As I walk close to the rear of the car. the two rear tail lights come on. Then I use my hand to pull the rear deck lid switch to open the rear deck lid. I hear clicks but the rear deck lid does not open. I pull the key FOB from my pocket and press it twice, and then the rear deck lid opens. I then close the deck lid using the button on the lid. Now when I press the rear deck lid switch, the lid opens as I would expect. Subsequent closing and opening using the switch works just fine. It just seems to be that first time where the manual rear deck lid switch does not operate and I have to use the FOB to get it open.

As far as I can remember, this always used to work. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I had the same issue. Make sure to disable “Driver Door Unlock Mode”. Mine took a couple of tries to finally save the setting.

Attachments

• EEF9B056-1943-4987-8C48-3CB2A164A686.jpeg
    EEF9B056-1943-4987-8C48-3CB2A164A686.jpeg
    397.4 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: sixpak