Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

rear drive unit replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my car was not able to drive today and i heard a loud pop somewhere. I thought it's going to blow up or something. Notification stated and asked for roadside assistance. Since I'm a mechanical person so i baby my car a lot.

Not sure what's going on, but tesla advisor called me and said my model y needs to get it's drive unit replaced in the rear after 5k mileague. with multiple kinds of stuff going on in the rear.

I'm heated and not feeling good to be honest. i want to exchange for a brand new Y.!!!!

Last edited:
my car was not able to drive today and i heard a loud pop somewhere. I thought it's going to blow up or something. Notification stated and asked for roadside assistance. Since I'm a mechanical person so i baby my car a lot.

Not sure what's going on, but tesla advisor called me and said my model y needs to get it's drive unit replaced in the rear after 5k mileague. with multiple kinds of stuff going on in the rear.

I'm heated and not feeling good to be honest. i want to exchange for a brand new Y.!!!!
Sad... Sorry to hear

This is why there is a warranty. No need for “a new Y”. Let service center fix it. Inconvenient, sure, but a new car? Not necessary.