Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear facing seat for model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a set of Model S rear facing seat for sale in Los Angeles area. $1200 used only once

Attachments

• 1DF4992A-E881-434D-9A75-15E75C42CFEC.png
    1DF4992A-E881-434D-9A75-15E75C42CFEC.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 219
  • Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Can baby seats be used on these?
Kenn
No, they can’t. These are for toddlers+ so think ~3 year old to ~10 year old, depending on size and weight.

35 - 77lbs
37” minimum height
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/blog_attachments/ms_safety_information.pdf

They DO have 5 point harnesses built-in, so you don’t need to put a car seat in them in addition to the seats themselves. (They’re basically like built in car seats.)

Work amazingly well for our 3 and 6 y/o and have also worked great for my 5 and 9 year old niece and nephew. The 9 year old is tall for his age but has long legs and a short torso so I would guess he could be comfortable back there for another year or two.

Unrelated to selling the seats as I have them as well but just thought I'd comment that you're spot on as for the torso being a factor in fitting kids back there. My son is short for his age and is about to turn 10. He still has plenty of vertical room in the seats. His cousin was too big for them at 9 but she is a weed with a long torso. The way I tell if they are "too big" for the seats is based on their shoulders in respect to the shoulder straps at the highest setting.