Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear hatch bumps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, can someone confirm the two pronounced bumps are normal?? It is located near where the hatch and bumper meet beneath the license plate holder as shown below. It looks like someone drilled a screw on too tight and made bumps on the hatch....
20200703_152136_02_2.gif

I had a similar thing on the car they assigned me, but on the passenger side rear quarter panel. There were 3-4 bumps that SC said mobile could take care of. I thought about it a long while, but decided to not take delivery and wait for another car as I knew it would bug me to no end if it wasn't repaired perfectly. It was a pretty low VIN (1000s) with a build date of 5/20 so I suspect that the car was rejected by someone else before getting to me, possibly for the same issue as the car was otherwise great. Hopefully they can take care of it for you!

I'm suspecting this was a car that was previously rejected (vin#22xxx, built 6/20. I put the order in on 6/16 and was delivered on 6/28 (PUP).

I took delivery in their Costa Mesa, CA location but they moved it on the 6th floor of a random parking garage. It was overcast and dark so I didn't even notice the bumps. I would've rejected delivery had I noticed them.