Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Hatch Needed New Hinges!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just bought my first Tesla, a gently used 2021 Model Y AWD, but I have several issues, rattle in front left dash after going over very bumpy ice laden roads with 20" induction wheels, (I'm switching to 18" Method wheels and 255/55R18 Vredstein tires), loose headliner on rear left side (you can see a big glob of black glue!), rear hatch with huge gaps and hitting the left tail light. I took it in for service and it's taking them a week to repair hatch and rattle and install hitch. They said hatch hinges were "out of spec" and need replaced, so they had to send them out to be painted, is this normal stuff?
Model-Y-Grafiti.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1884.jpeg
    IMG_1884.jpeg
    355.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1883.jpeg
    IMG_1883.jpeg
    400.8 KB · Views: 110
Was this hatch issue causing latch issues when closing? I bought a 2020 MYLR back in February. Noticed the hatch doesn’t close properly probably 10-15% of the time, happens more when parked sloping downwards. It’s pulled away the trim on the right hand side of the trunk. I’ve taken it to Tesla twice and now they’ve just referred me to a body shop of “my choice”. It’ll be out of the 4 yr warranty next September, seems like poor customer support honestly