Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Hatch Water Intrusion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's terrible. Good luck, and please post an update after the next round.
The second attempt did not fix the issue either. Wife came home today after driving in the rain for a couple hours, and the inside of the seals is all wet again, with water dripping from (out of) the hatch.

The second attempt was at a different SC, and they sounded very confident in being able to fix it. Seems like it'll take a little more than confidence ... 😄

@dzajic , have you made any progress getting yours fixed?

Last edited:
Reactions: dzajic
The second attempt did not fix the issue either. Wife came home today after driving in the rain for a couple hours, and the inside of the seals is all wet again, with water dripping from (out of) the hatch.

The second attempt was at a different SC, and they sounded very confident in being able to fix it. Seems like it'll take a little more than confidence ... 😄

@dzajic , have you made any progress getting yours fixed?
Sorry, that sucks to hear. No update on my end, no pun intended. It's going to be another 6-hour round trip at some point. If they don't realign the hatch itself this time, I won't take the car back. I've started to carefully look at the hatch alignment on every Y I see on the road, and so far they all seem perfect, very obviously better compared to mine.

Reactions: flixden
I made another appointment and this time got mobile service to schedule, but then they replied that this repair wouldn't be possible in the field so I'm scheduled with the service center again. Hopefully this means they realize it's not a matter of adjusting the bumpers / stoppers. Next appointment is on Thanksgiving Day.