Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear knuckle bushing any issue with it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see hardrace is selling the 4 bushing for rear knuckles, any long term issue with them? I remember some members were saying the rear knuckles make noise.
20228311121011W2R10II.jpg

202282415372915Y37W29BA.jpg

I am looking at replacing the top one with hard race as the right rear has developed some play.

Reactions: Lindenwood
I got a message from Kal-Tire saying "Both upper knuckle bushings at upper control arm have play", though I'm not sure exactly where that means. Is this for rear only? I'm debating doing it myself but I've never dealt with knuckle bushings and not sure if it's only in the rear, or in the front too, or where they're referring to. any help?

I had play in the right rear. I could feel it by grabbing the wheel 11 and 5 position with the car jacked up. I will say pressing the old bushing out is a bit of a pain as the retaining surface is at an angle in regards to the bushing. I used a 20 ton shop press for this. Getting the new bushing in was not that bad.

Are you able to replace the top camber arm bushing by cutting or pressing it out while in place? So that you don´t have to remove the entire knuckle to replace it? @nsyr
You will still need to remove it to insert the new one. I tried a bushing press kit initially, but ended up removing the knuckle as the knuckle structure interfered with the press sleeves. I don't know about cutting it.

• Informative
Reactions: mcbanan