Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Passenger side Rattle when going over bumps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to atttempt to make a video in the morning, but have this annoying rattle what sounds to be coming from the passenger side rear while going over rough roads/bumps. Sounds quite springy.

Anyone experience anything similar?
Cannot figure out for the life of me where it's coming from.
Have a SC Visit scheduled for October.. hopefully I can point them in some direction.

VIN Plate rattle started as well. Shoved a piece of cloth between the vin plate and windshield and that seems to have mitigated it.

Going to atttempt to make a video in the morning, but have this annoying rattle what sounds to be coming from the passenger side rear while going over rough roads/bumps. Sounds quite springy.

Anyone experience anything similar?
Cannot figure out for the life of me where it's coming from.
Have a SC Visit scheduled for October.. hopefully I can point them in some direction.

VIN Plate rattle started as well. Shoved a piece of cloth between the vin plate and windshield and that seems to have mitigated it.
I think the rear seat release latches are also a common rattle point so worth looking there tooo

Rattle or chirp? Check the right rear headrest.
Thanks for the reply
I think the rear seat release latches are also a common rattle point so worth looking there tooo
Thanks for the replies folks. I wanted to provide an update.

Just made a Dunkin run, after fiddling with alot of stuff.

1. My passenger seat was making the loud springy rattles when going over bumps. Hitting the seat from the back replicated it. Moving it around made it go away. I'm hoping I can get it back to the position it was in where it was making the rattle. This one was really annoying as it sounded like a suspension rattle.

2. The seat latches in the back were rattling. Shoved a microfiber between the seat and parcel shelf between the two latches and the noise went away.

Had a reasonably silent ride. Still some creaks/noises with body flex , but the loud ones seem to be gone.

Hopefully this helps others. I had misdiagnosed the passenger seat rattle as something coming from the back.

Will still keep my SC appointment because i want these documented in the service record and get them to "officially fix it". I've read posts where they had to replace the entire passenger seat in 2021 refresh models to get rid of the passenger seat rattle.

Reactions: ss71