Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear passenger unbuckled alert with seats folded down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whenever I have the rear seats folded down in the Y and have a light weight on it (like a box of books), I get frequent flashes on the MFD saying that the middle passenger (or sometimes a side passenger) is unbuckled. Its very annoying because even if I swipe the alert away, going over a bump causes the alert to re-appear.

I have an appointment scheduled with tesla service to investigate, but they want to charge $100 to look at the issue to determine if its something thats covered under warranty (and hopefully waive that fee if it is).

Does anyone else have this issue? I would assume there should be some kind of sensor that disables that seat belt alerts if the seat is folded down.
The seat belt alert has been a long-standing issue since the MY was released in early 2020 with no known fix. In the meantime you can eliminate the alerts by touching the seat belt warning circle on screen to switch it to baby seat mode.

Let us know if Tesla says they have a fix since I have been asking since the day I received my MY over 1-1/2 years ago.