Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Screen in Model S Refresh not working, is there a way to turn it on?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model S Refresh Plaid and the rear screen has been off since delivery. Is there a way to turn it on or should it be on all the time? I have looked but perhaps I am missing something.
Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 3983FF04-3FB9-4036-9EEF-78C48F4C30B8.jpeg
    3983FF04-3FB9-4036-9EEF-78C48F4C30B8.jpeg
    412.7 KB · Views: 369
Definitely should not be off. Ironically, people were having the opposite issue in that it would stay on after exiting the vehicle. Have you tried the scroll wheel reboot? Hold both down until the center (front) screen goes black. This will reboot the computer.

Only preform this while in park.

Definitely should not be off. Ironically, people were having the opposite issue in that it would stay on after exiting the vehicle. Have you tried the scroll wheel reboot? Hold both down until the center (front) screen goes black. This will reboot the computer.

Only preform this while in park.
Tried that multiple times, nothing. You can reset it whilst driving too as the drive ecru is separate from the infotainment/multimedia ecu

Last edited:
I have a Model S Refresh Plaid and the rear screen has been off since delivery. Is there a way to turn it on or should it be on all the time? I have looked but perhaps I am missing something.
Any input would be appreciated.

@DJ-3 how'd you get this resolved? did you need to have it replaced? i've got the same issue. Back screen totally black. We did notice, though, that it did appear to be "on", because some random swiping did eventually change apps and even started scrolling Netflix at some point. But the screen has never been anything but black.

also the backlight on the screen works. when i touch the screen, it lights up (it just remains blank), and when i adjust the brightness from the main display, the blank rear display gets brighter and darker.

Last edited: