Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear seat cover for Labradors.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model 3 and two labradors that come with us on long journeys.
After seeing the price of the Tesla seat cover I bought a rear hammock seat cover off of eBay and it is ok, though I had to extend the various straps by stitching in extensions and the fit of the cover is a bit off, so I am now wondering if I should just go and buy the Tesla one!

Does anyone have experience with the Tesla one? Is it really worth the extra money?

I have the Tesla rear seat cover, but for two beagles not labradors. I too thin k the door protection is invaluable. I also really appreciate how the cover and both door pieces all roll up into the included sleeve. With my Orris dog covers there is something the size of a duvet to have hanging around. There is a mesh section that allow our hounds to look forward at the screen and they tap me on the shoulder if I have not noticed the 'apply slight pressure on the steering wheel' message.

All three pieces can be fitted in two minutes.

• Funny
Reactions: Adopado and Dr Jay
Upvote 0
I bought one off Amazon and it's fantastic. 28 quid I think, or something like that. It also has the door protectors with a zip down each side, which then means the bit protecting the door folds over and protects the seat as the dogs are getting in and out. No way I could justify paying the Tesla price now I've got this one. Happy to share details if interested.

Reactions: Oxid8ter
Upvote 0
Will the Tesla cover work with a dog harness? I need access to seatbelt through the cover
Also have a child booster seat in the back so need it to work around that!
I assumed that the seat cover must work with harnesses as it is a requirement for dogs to be restrained when travelling on the rear seat now, but the description on the Tesla web site does not mention them. Though one of the pictures does show something where you expect the access to the seatbelt to be.

Upvote 0
I assumed that the seat cover must work with harnesses as it is a requirement for dogs to be restrained when travelling on the rear seat now, but the description on the Tesla web site does not mention them. Though one of the pictures does show something where you expect the access to the seatbelt to be.
I spotted the same picture, look to be access panels to the seatbelt buckles. I was most disappointed that the door card protectors do not attach to the hammock for the price of it. I'd be interested in the details of the one @RobO1971 mentions, as the more contained the hammock is, the less risk of hair all embedded into the carpets!

Normally we have a rule of the Lab going in the Mrs' company car and that he is not allowed in mine, but as we are considering doing some Europe trips in the M3, we'd want to take him with us.

Upvote 0
I spotted the same picture, look to be access panels to the seatbelt buckles. I was most disappointed that the door card protectors do not attach to the hammock for the price of it. I'd be interested in the details of the one @RobO1971 mentions, as the more contained the hammock is, the less risk of hair all embedded into the carpets!

Normally we have a rule of the Lab going in the Mrs' company car and that he is not allowed in mine, but as we are considering doing some Europe trips in the M3, we'd want to take him with us.
Here you go my friend .... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08VD6YM63?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Currently selling at under £23.

Reactions: Oxid8ter
Upvote 0
I have a Model 3 and two labradors that come with us on long journeys.
After seeing the price of the Tesla seat cover I bought a rear hammock seat cover off of eBay and it is ok, though I had to extend the various straps by stitching in extensions and the fit of the cover is a bit off, so I am now wondering if I should just go and buy the Tesla one!

Does anyone have experience with the Tesla one? Is it really worth the extra money?
Absolutely feel you on wanting the best for your Labradors during those long drives! Now, about the Tesla seat cover—yes, it's a bit on the pricier side, but let me share my take. The Tesla seat cover is tailor-made for your Model 3, ensuring a perfect fit without any adjustments. The material is durable and designed to withstand the wear and tear that comes with having furry companions on board.

I'd say, if budget allows, it's worth the investment for the hassle-free fit and quality. On another note, you might want to check out TESERY's Tesla seat covers. They're crafted with the same attention to detail, providing a snug fit and robust protection.

Upvote 0
So I finally succumbed and bought a Tesla seat cover, but now I have another question!
The instructions on the piece of paper are not very clear, on the door covers do the plastic “clips” go between the glass and the rubber window seal, or somehow between the door trim and the rubber window seal?
Thanks

Upvote 0
My biggest concern with the Tesla one is that from what I can see it is a hammock and the 2 door protectors don't connect to the hammock, meaning that hair galore can fall through the gap... I am going to either ban my Lab from my M3 and banish him to the other half's Skoda, or get one where the sides zip to the hammock. I'm undecided at this point.

Upvote 0
So I finally succumbed and bought a Tesla seat cover, but now I have another question!
The instructions on the piece of paper are not very clear, on the door covers do the plastic “clips” go between the glass and the rubber window seal, or somehow between the door trim and the rubber window seal?
Thanks

The clips slide into the space between the window glass and seal.

Reactions: Planky
Upvote 0
Thanks

Glass and rubber, but do be careful if you have any window tints etc. I did read some reports about the clips scratching the glass when it moves as the door opens and closes. I've not had any issue myself but, always a possibility.

Upvote 0
Thanks
It is obvious when you have done it but it is not a usual way of fitting something. The folded plastic must slide down right next to the glass, not just the flat bit but if you keep pushing the folded plastic goes into the gap next to the glass and acts as a spring to hold it in position. Once fitted you will see it actually matches the instructions.

Upvote 0