Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Seat Extension - AU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if already discussed or in wrong section. I have seen some comments on the rear seat extension for MY being deleted but have not found any news or feedback that this is the case ('fake news' potentially as 1 member suggested).

This was reported back in October so assume that recent builds and deliveries in Oz have the new seat.

I am interested for recent deliveries for MY to AU that they have the new extended rear seats (additional 30mm)?

I don't think we've had any 2023 models arrive actually delivered to anyone to confirm/deny. Same goes with the cargo cover in the Model Y.
We should know definitively in a couple of weeks.

The fact that they do not seem to be deleting USS for us is probably a sign that there is no difference in 22/23 models, and the seats won't change.
I think the majority would agree - keep your new seats Tesla, but hands off USS.

Off topic here re USS, but surely whether the hardware is on the car or not is irrelevant? If Tesla changes the way the software works then it would just become redundant? I would think they will "deprecate" it at some point (remove if from the algorithms) If they think that vision only is the way to go. Regression testing of old "legacy" features is a huge issue for all software developers which is why old forms of hardware simply become obsolete. I have got a garage full of them going back to SCSi devices, MS Dos B&W laptops, 28K modems, acoustic couplers, tone dial generators (for rotary dial phones), iOmega Zip drives, etc etc. Try "plug and playing" any of them. At the end of the day the Tesla is just a big desktop PC with wheels.

Reactions: OzVic
Off topic here re USS, but surely whether the hardware is on the car or not is irrelevant? If Tesla changes the way the software works then it would just become redundant? I would think they will "deprecate" it at some point (remove if from the algorithms) If they think that vision only is the way to go. Regression testing of old "legacy" features is a huge issue for all software developers which is why old forms of hardware simply become obsolete. I have got a garage full of them going back to SCSi devices, MS Dos B&W laptops, 28K modems, acoustic couplers, tone dial generators (for rotary dial phones), iOmega Zip drives, etc etc. Try "plug and playing" any of them. At the end of the day the Tesla is just a big desktop PC with wheels.
Fair point. I think why people are anxious is that in other markets, the hardware was removed and the software isn't ready.
So now they don't have parking sensors, on a $70-100k car.

It would be different if Tesla didn't have a track record of saying "coming soon" and then taking forever/not delivering on their promise.