Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear seat seatbelt stuck to seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Baytomax

Professional EDD Page Refresher
Jul 15, 2021
Alhambra, CA
Hello, some background information, I have a 2021 SR+.

I noticed while driving today that one of my seatbelts is refusing to release tension.

There is a lot of tension, I can barely fit one finger between the belt and the seats. I’ve temporarily relieved some of the tension by folding the seat down.

I have an existing Tesla mobile service appt. for a separate non-related issue so I’m unable to put in another service request.

Wondered if anyone had any advice. All input appreciated!

1DFFBF59-E558-4499-BF7C-3EE1A9C976F1.jpeg

E411B5E9-E61D-4EAE-9B60-F2677713343A.jpeg

I’ve added this on to my existing service appointment. I hope they’re able to get to me quickly, they’ve been postponing my appointment for over two months for my tail light condensation because of parts issues.

I already noticed that the seatbelt has stained the white interior.

Would love to be able to fix it myself, trying my best to do some research and seeing if anyone has had this issue before. Then again, this is a seatbelt and I don’t want to DIY such an important safety feature.

They pushed my mobile appointment service back since they don't have the "necessary part" on hand. This is extremely frustrating, this is the 5th time my taillights have been postponed so I imagine I'm going to get the run around for this seat belt issue.

Driving around with my back seats folded down, I lost 2 seats in the rear already. Road noise is increased. All around disappointed with Tesla mobile service.